I had a program with one of the physicians I call on, and he set a challenge for me that I excepted. So in keeping with the spirit of setting challenging goals that has been running rampit through my families communication I say to you that I'am going to compete in the "Hotter than Hell 100" in Witchita Falls next year. For those unfamiliar it is a 100 mi bike race. It hurts my butt and back just thinking about it.
Currently I only ride about 20-25 a week which I will need to step up a bit, much to Meghann's chagrin. However I think I can balance less time in the gym lifting with more on the bike training. Granted it will get cold soon and that means even less riding. Windchill is horrible and the cold gets into every crack in your clothing.
On other notes have you seen the commercials expelling the virtues of High fructose corn syrup. I'm a big fan. I just wish more commercials would come out talking about the constant bombardment of things this country grew up on and became great with. I'm pretty tired of being told by the crazy nut jobs that were slowly killing ourselves and destroying our nutrition and they plan on fixing that for me. I think if you want to fix it for yourself and pay attention to what you eat fine, more for me. Stupid reusable bags at the grocery store, biodegradable shoes, pretend cars that go for years on a fart, with no power no thanks. I'll take my fructose, plastic bags, and a little power in my car when I whirr by you in your pretend car. No man can grunt and flex while getting into a pryus.
Just my opinion thanks for doing all those "Green efforts though" in fact please do more so someone can pull my weight.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm glad your challenging yourself! I'm not suprised that your being bull headed about the bags, junk in your diet, etc. If you read and decided on your own to make good changes for your body and HARMLESS EASY changes like reusable bags then you'd be barking at everyone around you about why aren't they doing it but just because it's someone elses idea its "ridiculous." Your just being stubborn - your lucky you have Meghann to balance you out! And Bless her for putting up with you!
You know they say those biker suits are suppose to allow the wind to just flow off of you. Personally I think it would be funny if nothing else to see you in oue of those leotard looking outfits. Who knows maybe Meghann will find you sexy. I can't see your Dad in one, because that would just look a little rediculous. Oh what a picture that would make. A bigger seat on the bike would help the other end, but then you might be thought of as old or wierd or something. As for the other things, well all I can say to both of you is "everything in moderation."
For the record I don't where a spandex suit. However if it offered benefits for comfort I would. I'am way beyond worring about how cool people think I am. In fact I was commenting to Meghann just the other night how I thought more people should blindly agree with me instead of spewing the nonsense they think up.
Hotter than Hell, that's awesome!! I will agree with B-Rad, I don't care how ridiculous I look in a race, comfort is everything. I have a triathlon this Sunday and I will not care what people think of me either. They are probably thinking the same thing anyway. Set a goal and achieve it no matter how ridiculous you look. I will be cutting back on the high fructose corn syrup though.
Good Luck,
Jeff
P.S. The "good luck" is for your training...... that's the hard part.
Post a Comment