Sunday, May 25, 2008

Giving one to the people

I guess in order to get us started I will throw one in the pot. This will be my attempt to keep in touch with the digital nerds, and hopefully I can manage to keep some interest in this one. What will really help is participation so I will toss something out we can discuss. In Sunday school today we talked about what we are faithfull to, which led us down the roads of the definintion and an eb and flow talk, but after examining myself sadly I think most consistantly I'am faithfull to my job. This is something I could use some prayer on because after examining what I will leave as my legacy to my kids I would rather it be that Daddy prayed, played and learned with them instead of Daddy just works hard. Noah was faithfull to build a huge boat, but was only given such an extraordinary task because of his faithfullness to God. His kids didn't run off talking about Crazy 600 year old dad because of his legacy in faithfullness to God and his family first and foremost.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I wish I could say I am completely faithful to my top priorities but sometimes I blow things off unfortantly. So I will take this as a challenge to be more faithful to what I consider important! I think the key is to start with something small - like teaching the kids about prayer by skipping the wrote or hurried prayers and actually taking the time to pray thoughtfully. thanks little brother!

Grandma W said...

Your father and I decided that we would not teach you the rote prayer after we became believers. We grew up saying a rote prayer at the dinner table that believe it or not we learned at school and said every day at lunch. This. of course, was before they took prayer out of schools. I guess that was part of the reason when Matt was little he would pray for everything on the table before we ate. I would have to say I am probably the most faithful to my my family, both church and biological. I hurt when you hurt and have cried over and with you over the years. I have found myself at a time when I am not quite as faithful to my Bible reading as I was at one time. This is something I am really committing to at this time in my life, getting back to true Bible study.
By the way, why do we have to verify this word every time?